I work with professionals as a coach or mentor to help them become more effective in their roles. I typically work with:
- Senior leaders
- Leadership teams
- Middle or senior managers, often around the time of promotion to new roles.
- Self-employed professionals / social entrepreneurs wanting to develop their business.
The sorts of outcomes achieved by the individuals and teams working with me are:
- A smoother process of transition into a new role or organisational structure.
- Insights into their core values & strengths, and how best to work in line with these.
- An understanding of their unique leadership style and how to develop this.
- Awareness of their impact on others and how to mitigate negative aspects of this.
- Better communication with team members, clients and colleagues.
- Increased confidence in their own judgements and decisions.
- Identified strategies to manage conflicting demands on their time.
- Greater clarity in communicating their offering to clients.
- Enhanced impact of formal and on the job training.
Working with leaders, emerging leaders and other professionals, I offer a confidential, neutral space in which to discuss, analyse, reflect and plan. By asking the right questions at the right time, I help my client to clarify their thinking and access inner knowledge or insights that they may not reach on their own. My coaching style has been described as warm, empathetic, and at the same time structured, rigorous, and transformational.
When coaching a whole team, rather than just one individual, my role is to help the team think better, reflect meaningfully, have clearer and smoother dialogue and improved awareness of their shared mission and individual roles.
When mentoring I am working with individuals in situations where my professional expertise or experience is of relevance to the client’s situation. My approach is heavily influenced by my training as a coach, in that I will always favour asking the sorts of questions that help my clients unlock their own insights, rather than providing explicit advice. However, I will share my own experience and points of view where these are invited and deemed helpful by my client.